We are seeking a creative strategist to collaborate on crafting beautiful things. Gardeners is a one-stop creative agency where good things grow. For 14 years, we have been developing newsworthy campaigns and impactful brands from the best spot in Amsterdam, the Vondelkerk. We work with people and brands that aspire to make a positive impact on the world, such as Polestar, KLABU, fairf, and Gulpener. Gardeners supports clients in strategy, design, campaigns, (monthly) PR activities, and influencer marketing. Together with our clients, we explore the relevant and personal aspects of the brand. We have an 'earned first' way of thinking, combining strategy, relevant marketing and business experience with creativity and design.
Enough about us; this call is about you. As a senior strategist, you will contribute to the growth of Gardeners’ strategy team and work on strategic issues for clients in brand & impact strategy, brand identity, marketing strategy, product development, communication, PR, and content assignments. You will closely collaborate with the Strategy Director, your supervisor, and Gardeners’ creative team. With a minimum of 7 years of experience in the marketing communication field, you are eager to work for a distinctive agency that is on its way to becoming a top creative agency in the Netherlands. You are engaged, aware of industry trends, and deliver distinctive and well-founded work that yields excellent results. Most importantly, you derive extra joy from projects that do something good for the world. It could be just a smile or a solution to a societal problem.
- Independently work on strategic issues for clients in brand & impact strategy, brand identity, marketing strategy, product development, communication, PR, and content assignments.
- Manage ongoing projects for perfect delivery.
- Inspire and advise clients in their strategic needs and propose projects (in collaboration with the Strategy Director).
- Create sharp briefs for clients and concise creative briefs for the creative team, review concepts, lead creative workshops, and deliver strategy work in inspiring documents based on Gardeners’ strategy templates, presenting your work with enthusiasm.
- Work closely with the creative team and maintain contact with the account team to plan projects, serve the client, and liaise with the PR team for specific communication assignments.
- Contribute to the development of the Gardeners ‘signature’ strategy way of working.
- Stay abreast of news, trends, and developments in the field, share them with colleagues, identify opportunities for our clients, and act on them.
- Generate business from existing clients and potentially bring in your clients.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the marketing communication field.
- Marketing/communication-focused (HBO/WO) education.
- Charismatic and empathetic in client contact, adept at presenting, and facilitating workshops.
- Agency-side experience is a plus.
- Structured and systematic work approach.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English languages.
Lastly, if you resonate with our values—where good things grow—then we offer you:
- An inspiring and responsible position.
- A warm company where team spirit is essential.
- A growing and fun team where you play a significant role in shaping its growth.
- Healthy lunches and regular social gatherings or outings.
- An amazing job for 36-40 hours per week.
- A workspace in one of the most beautiful spots in Amsterdam: the Vondelkerk.
- A salary that aligns with all of this, with good secondary employment conditions.